Peat Smoked Haddock puff tartIngredients for 2
15mls (1tbls) olive oil,
4 onions sliced,
250g / 9oz ready-made puff pastry,
1x 200ml creme fraiche,
125g / 4oz peat smoked haddock,
50g / 2oz sun dried tomatoes drained and chopped,
Flour, for rolling,
Freshly ground black pepper,
A little olive oil for drizzling,
1 egg yolk , lightly beaten,
Handful of rocket, to serve.
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C, 400 degrees F, Gas Mark 6.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy based pan and sweat the onion over a low heat for 10 mins.Leave to cool.
3. Roll the pastry on a lightly floured surface, and cut a rectangle (20.5 cm x 30.5 cm / 8 inches x 12 inches) Transfer to a baking tray, and prick the centre with a fork.
4. Spread the creme fraiche over the pastry leaving a 2cm/1 inch border.Top with the onion, smoked haddock and sundried tomatoes. Season with freshly ground black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Glaze the border with the egg yolk.
5. Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown and well risen.
6. Sprinkle with rocket and serve with a jacket potato and salad.
Thanks once again for the fantastic fish we have just received from you. The haddock was superb, and looking forward to salmon.
Cecilia Nicholson, Avening