Herring and Pineapple Saladingredients for 4-6
3 x 170g (6oz) herring fillets
30ml (2tbls) lemon juice
1 medium fresh pineapple or
1 x 225g can pineapple chunks in natural
225g (8oz) black or green grapes,
salt and black pepper
90ml (6tbls) low fat natural yoghurt
1. Cut herring into strips about 2.5cm
(half an inch) wide.
2. Sprinkle with lemon juice and cook under a
medium grill for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
3. Leave to cool then chill in the refrigerator for
4. If using fresh pineapple, slice in half, scoop out
flesh and chop into cubes.
5. Mix together the grapes, pineapple and chilled
fish. Spoon into pineapple halves or serving dish,
season and top with yoghurt.
6. Serve with pitta bread
Thanks once again for the fantastic fish we have just received from you. The haddock was superb, and looking forward to salmon.
Cecilia Nicholson, Avening